This blog is to Me, to serve as a reminder and an encouragement to Enjoy the Life I have now.

I suffer from Depression and sometimes in this materialistic, 'must-have' world its hard to appriciate the things I have and the simple things I enjoy.

Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Dear Me,


Just like the joy and delight opening a fresh, blank notebook can be, so this new blog post is, however, the pressure within myself to write something profound, interesting or thoughtful squishes out any of those notions and I am left here, staring at a blank page wondering what to say.

Its actually a relief that my blogs are always so insignificant and somewhat un-noticed by the world, otherwise I would be overwhelmed with the responsibility to entertain and amuse!
Many years ago I would have relished attention and a little notority, but I changed somewhere along the line, my bubbly personality ran out of 'fizz/gas', and I feel intimidated and overwhelmed by attention.
Anyway....How I am now is not how I'll always be/feel, one day it will all be better.

Life isn't awful or unhappy for us right now.
We got through a really hard few years, hard becauses of silly choices we made in life, because of consequences, because of how life is, because of the 'economic downturn'.
We had to downsize, change the way we were living and now we live in this little bungalow, 2 minutes from a 'rustic' little tiny 'beach', with fields behind us.
Some would think I am being unrealistic and imaginative by describing my home as a little seaside cottage in the countryside, so I won't!

We're just managing on a meager income, and I've had to adopt a thriftier lifestyle...but I like it,( not because its 'fashionable' at the moment.)
I've had a house full of Clutter and 'Things', and it never brought any true happiness or contentment, just an insatiable yearning for More.

I want to be able to look back on this blog and remind myself of how happy we can be with little means. How it doesn't take much to enjoy life and the things around us, and how actually we haven't 'ended up' here,as in that we have failed in life, but we have been blessed with what we've always craved and wanted and needed all along.
Having a constant battle with Depression I need to focus on positive things  and encouraging things.

So I'm going to blog about  my favourite things.
Just simple pleasures, little delights, things that make me smile, or make my heart warm with fondness.



1 comment:

  1. Dear Em
    I didn't even know you had started another blog until you mentioned it on my blog. Why have you got another one when you already have a great motivational blog? I love your other blog and the things you share on it. I realized having a blog for so long now, that one tends to put too much preassure on oneself -to feel like every blog post must GIVE something. Wether it be humour or entertainment or pretty photos or interesting facts. Blah blah. When it should just be about what you want it to be,as if you were at a friends house,chatting. We don't only share good with our friends, we share th bad and the ugly too and they get to see us for who we really are. I guess in a blog, we are afraid and more cautious because everyone reading our blog are not our "friends"-but in actual effect strangers who don't know us and therefore will judge us according to what we write. In turn this creates preassure to thus be a bit more interesting,funny etc.

    A bit too philosophical? Probably. But I guess what I am trying to say is that it takes courage to be true to yourself and if you are going to blog-blog for yourself, because you want to, for whatever reasons those may be. And if people read, they read. If they comment or don't, so be it.
    I KNOW how discouraging it can be when nobody comments, you feel "what is the point". Its like having a one-way conversation. Unless we engage our audience though, a blog can pretty much be a very lonely place.

    When I first started blogging it was different. People took the time to leave a comment, no matter how small. Nowdays Most read and hurry on. The few who faithfully comment mean a lot to me and for them (and myself) that I don't give up.
    I hope this helps.

    Oh and I also wanted to say that it is wonderful that you want to recognize all the good you do have in your life. Life changes,knocks us and sends us flying, but if we get back up and look around us-there is ALWAYS something to be grateful for.
    Maybe write about those positive little things and you will see it is normally the little things that mean the most anyway and they all add up to make a lot!
    Love you lots my friend.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment.